Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Moving, Music, and Meetings!


Forgot Nametag!
I'm a bit short on time this week so I'll have to keep this email short!

So, on Wednesday a member of the 70 is coming to speak to us and we've done a TON of preparing for this conference. I'm super excited! I'm in the choir (EFY medley in Spanish--classic) and in the musical number! There are four other Hermanas. We're singing "The Lord is My Shepard" to a different tune, it's really pretty. The best part?? I'm singing first alto. Pray for my harmonizing abilities. ¡Voy a necesitar un milagro! haha

Also on the music note, no one in our ward can play the piano so we sing a capella in sacrament meeting. Hermana Bernards and I decided to volunteer our piano "skills" and play in sacrament meeting this week (Hermana Bernards plays about as well as I do, so for those of you who have heard me play the piano you know it's... a struggle). When we told Bishop we could play, he told us he wants us to teach someone. So now he's looking for someone for us to teach. Wish us luck!

And for the best part of this week, WE MOVED!! As soon as the butt-slapping incident came to the awareness of Presidente and Hermana Collado, we had a house in the next 24 hours. I love them. Our new house is super nice. It's in the Elder's area, but it's in a really nice part. We have a front room, a kitchenette, a bathroom, and two other rooms. One has our beds, the other our clothes and suitcases. We also have a porch, and 5 windows! All of which are closed off to the public so no creepers will be outside of them whispering to us anymore. I can finally breathe again! Living in our old area at night was like living in a horror movie. I was so tense as we walked around, and I could finally breathe when we stepped inside the house at night. It's so good to be out of there.

Another bonus, the neighbors are big fans of blasting 80's rock. It complements our study sessions nicely. Hahaha

Also, sorry for my English. Everything they say about forgetting your native language is completely true. And there's no spell check on this computer so that's no help!

And, if you haven't, you can go like the "Misión Nicaragua Managua Norte" Facebook page and there are a ton of pictures of me at meetings and things on there. Presidente showed me a cute one on his phone of me singing in our little congregation. So fun :)

Well, love you all and thank you so much for all your emails this week! I love hearing from you. :) Jessica and Steven and Sarah I want to hear how your first weeks of school were! Get on that. ;)

Love, Hermana Gubler

P.S. My companion likes to go running and hates yoga and I think I might die #PrayForMichelle... But somehow I still can't get over how much I love her. She is the most amazing person. I'm so blessed.

Mother's Note: Michelle told me to add all the photos she sends to her blogs instead of my usual 2 or 3 photos so here goes:
All the kids make these bracelets out of little rubber bands.
 An example of the neighborhood where they work.

Another example of the neighborhood where they work.

This is an avocado - it's huge!

Spanish doesn't have a word for awkward so this is the general sign among missionaries for it.

The little neighbor boy left this on the door of their new apartment.
Inside the roomy new apartment.

New bedroom

New bathroom
First package from home. Only took over a month and cost $100 to send! And yes, it's only the size of a folder.
Michelle's favorite little trouble maker, Yalin!

Yalin and Michelle

Their investigator, Mary, made these bracelets for them to match Michelle's pearl earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment