Monday, September 22, 2014

Of Hiking and Healing

New Companion! Hermana Hawkins
Alma 26:22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing--unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance,even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

Well. I am the luckiest Greenie in the world. My first area was incredible, and my second is even better. J├Čnotega is so beautiful! Google it, I'm sure there are lots of pictures! It's green and there are mountains everywhere and it's so cool here! There are a bunch of houses up in the moutains that are full of less actives we've been visiting. I'm pretty sure we don't need the key indicators anymore because anyone could tell how hard we're working by our leg muscles, no joke! The roads are almost vertical! I love it. There's a big city in the valley with a market and adorable shops and bakeries and things everywhere. Our branch is TINY but those who are there are incredibly strong and hardworking members. I'm so glad to be here strengthening this little piece of heaven!

And my companion! She has a blog if you would like to read it, Mom, www.hermana-hawkins.blogspot.com, and she is seriously the best! She's an incredible teacher and we're so much alike! We love the same movies and love to learn. I am really the luckiest ever. I know I'll learn a ton from her!

And about healing... Many of you know this last year has been very difficult for me spiritually. I was really surprised when I got the prompting to go on a mission when I did, because my testimony was about at an all time low. But I got a confirmation I needed to go so I went! Things progressed downwards till about 4 weeks into the MTC when I became... stable. (Mother's note: Satan was really working hard on Michelle trying to discourage her from going on a mission, but she held on tight to the memory of her prompting and trusted in The Lord - she is a strong woman!) I could go on for awhile about it but that's not the point. In the last few days at the CCM I was in a meeting when I remembered something from the blessing the Stake President (President Allred) gave me when I was set apart. He said that I would see changes on my mission in the unlikeliest of people, and I was sitting there in that meeting and I realized that included me. I was needing a big change. So I had been praying the last few weeks about what I needed to be doing differently and pleading for the spirit to confirm this is where I needed to be. Then my companion said something this week that really sunk into my head and my heart (see D&C 8:2--You know you're a missionary when your email has scripture references... Haha) She said, "Even if I died and found out none of this was true, I wouldn't regret a thing." I suddenly really understood everything this church has given me. It's given me everything! I realized how much I love missionary work. I realized my questions really don't matter. I know it's true. I know it. 

In all that time I spent worrying about my testimony and my doubts I forgot what the Lord and I are capable of together. The time has already started to fly and I'm realizing how short this mission really is going to be, and I don't want to waste a minute! I want to achieve all that I'm capable of and do all that the Lord sent me to do.  This really is the work of the Lord. 

Well thanks for making it through all my mush! I love you! Till next week!

Hermana Michelle Gubler

Familia Mauricio Campos - Joseling's baptism that Michelle missed because of her transfer.

Michelle with Evelyn and Carla... and someone else. :)

Valeria

Dulce

Michelle and her companion in her last area (with other missionaries)

New Area! Jinotega at night

Jinotega

Jinotega

Jinotega - Michelle said this picture doesn't do it justice and that we should all be jealous.

Michelle is missing Cruz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment