Friday, September 19, 2014

Out of the City and into the Jungle!

Hola Everyone!
So this week I only have about 7 minutes to write, so this will be quick! (Mother's Note: she didn't have time to send photos this week.)
The biggest thing from this week: We have changes every six weeks, but almost always trainers and greenies are together for 12 weeks so I thought I was fine. Wrong. I am currently writing you from Jinotega, which is as about as far North as you can get before Honduras. We're up in the mountains (mountains--yes!) and it is SUPER GREEN. AND COLD! I just got used to the heat, but I'm going to have to go buy a blanket for sleeping because it is super fresco. We're opening an area (again! and the Elders left the apartment a mess. Again) so that's super exciting! I was super sad to leave my last area when everything was really going so great. We had a ton of baptisms lined up and the Relief Society in our ward was starting to see improvements, so I was sad to go. But I know Hna. Bernards will take great care of Villa Venezuela :) I'll miss her a ton.
Speaking of companions! My new companion is Hna Natalie Hawkins! She's from Colorado, went to a year at BYU, she's been out for one year, and she's super cute!! I stalked her on facebook before coming here.. Like everyone. Anyways, she's a really hard worker and I am really excited to be working with her. And two Gringas in a row--How'd I get so lucky??
Well I have other stories (and pictures) but I need to get off now! Thank you for your emails and for your prayers! The church is true!
Con Amor, 
Hna Michelle Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment