Monday, October 13, 2014

#RainForDaysss

Me and Freydel, the daughter of a menos activo (less active), under my umbrella outside her house :) She is super cute.
Well, this week was actually fairly uneventful. That's a first! Jamileth accepted a baptismal date, so we're super excited for that! And we found an old investigator of the church that told us he didn't want to get baptized before, but now he does! His name is Abelino, he's a super cute old man with blue eyes (which is my favorite because that's super rare) and his baptismal interview is on Tuesday.

And on the baptism subject, I would also just like to mention that 5 people I found and taught were baptized the next two weeks after I left Villa Venezuela. It was super hard not to be there to see them baptized, but I'm still counting them as my converts. ;) I sent pictures of me with them on my last week in Villa Venezuela, and I sent pictures from their baptisms. I don't know if they made it to the blog, but if you'd like to match them up and put them on, Mom, that would be great. :) (Mother's note: the baptism pics are on previous blogs, here and here)

It's also been raining here for the past week, which has been a joy to work in. But rain is always preferable over the heat! haha

I had a dream last night that was interesting I'd like to share... In the dream I had to go home for a week to fill out some papers or something, and the whole time I was home I was like, "Just get me back on my mission! I miss Nicaragua!" After waking up I realized how much I really love it here. You couldn't pull me away for the world! There really is no way that God is not behind all this. Despite all the odds, I am the happiest I've been in my life. 

Sidenote--in the dream I accidentally told an English-speaker, "Gracias!" and they were like, "Why is this white girl talking to me in Spanish?" and I realized I was not in Nicaragua anymore... haha So I tried to tell them about how I had just been serving a mission and introduce them to the church but I was having a really hard time doing it without using Spanish words. I'm already forgetting English, even in my dreams!! #TheStruggleIsReal 

Well, I'm out of time but I love and pray for you all!

Con Amor,
Hermana Michelle Gubler

Dirt on my skirt! You can't see it very well in the picture but there was a lot. :)

The blanket I bought for my bed so I don't freeze to death every night. It was made here in Nicaragua and cost me $7. #Winning

A picture from the activity we had as a zone last week with all the missionaries from my CCM district that are all in Mataglapa (that's our zone)
My favorite sisters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment