Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Phil Collins and Repentance Mmmmhmm

8 girls in a taxi!
First off. Another Hermana told me Phil Collins speaks Spanish and translated all the Tarzan songs himself and sings them. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT??? Please someone send me some MP3s next week because I am dying to hear them. The Tarzan soundtrack is my life. So there's that.

Second, yesterday Miguel passed the sacrament to us and I don't think I've ever been more proud of a convert. He's also seminary class president. And Martha is probably the most dedicated convert I know. I love them sooo much!!!

And... for the sad news. Scarlet told us yesterday they won't continue with the lessons. Hermana Hatt started crying... It was rough. The mission has given me really tough skin though so I was OK, but I felt like I was going to throw up afterwards. So heartbreaking. She just has a TON of family opposition and feels really confused and Alejandra and Jazlin don't want to change religions because, well, it's hard to do what the Lord asks sometimes. Change is never easy. But we will continue praying for them. I know that God is mindful of them and loves them and when the time is right he'll help clarify their confusions and lead them the Christ.

I have really gained a greater understanding of repentance this week. If the mission does anything, it makes you realize how imperfect you are. I used to think, "Yeah I make mistakes but I'm doing better and I'm OK" and now I really feel, as King Benjamin put it, like the dust of the earth. I'm realizing how sinful I really am. I fall short A LOT and I distance myself from the Lord with my choices every day. The Atonement of Jesus Christ isn't something that we need just when we pray or just when we take the sacrament, we need Him always. The mission has been really humbling for me. I feel like I am better "relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of [my] faith." (Moroni 6:4) because I am better realizing how much we need Him.

Well I am proud of myself because this has been a fairly decent sized letter. Also, I am going to the mall today with Lehi and Allison and Eva (if I haven't mentioned them, they're members and I love them) so I'm stoked and I'll have good pictures next week. But for this week I just have this. You can't tell but there are 8 girls in this taxi. Saving money like a boss. Don't kill me, Mom and Dad. It's not like we can wear seat belts anyways. Hahaha

Love you all!!

Hermana Michelle Guber

No comments:

Post a Comment