Monday, March 9, 2015

Pick Me Up



Set apart by Jesus. 


So first off, if you didn't already know, my second daughter is a LATINA!!! Finally! Spanish 24/7 people. I'm learning a ton! And she looveeesss to talk so I'm learning a ton :) But pray for my patience because I've got a lot of teaching to do :) haha! No, but she's great. I'll get a good picture of us to you soon!

Well this week wasn't the best number wise, we only had one person in church. But I'm really grateful for it because I learned something from my dismay. I opened up the last general conference Ensign (THANK YOU MOM - I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE SO MUCH) and I decided to read a talk by Jörg Klebingat that in all senses put me back on my feet with a new dedication to serve the Lord. I had been feeling a little like I'm just doing the motions and down lately (If you can't tell by my rather whiny emails - oops) and like I just wasn't a very good missionary. I always seem to find myself praying to know if the Lord is proud of me. The talk is called Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence. The beginning explains my life right now as a very imperfect missionary. But here's a little excerpt that I love if you don't want to read the whole thing:

Brothers and sisters, acknowledge and face your weaknesses, but don't be immobilized by them, because some of them will be your companions until you depart this earth life. No matter what your current status, the very moment you voluntarily choose honest, joyful, daily repentance by striving to simply do and be your very best, the Savior's Atonement envelopes and follows you, as it were, wherever you go. Living in this manner, you can truly "always retain a remission of your sins" (Mosiah 4:12) every hour of every day, every second of every minute, and thus be fully clean and acceptable before God all the time. Yours is the privilege, if you want it, to come to know for yourself, today or soon, that you are pleasing God in spite of your shortcomings.

I really just love the Lord and love His servants. Despite the difficulties He always seems to find a way to speak peace to my soul. I am super imperfect but I'm working on it and I feel alright :) Thank you for your prayers! I love you all tons!

Hermana Gubler

My Hatt with a member, Graisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment