Monday, March 30, 2015

Prayers Answered, Improv Talks, Heat Waves, and Tired as Ever!!

The highlights of this week including giving a talk in church on 5 minutes notice. I talked on conversion and I felt like it went decently... Missionary life! And this week is Holy Week which means it is the hottest week of the year! And they aren't kidding! I am totally used to the heat but it is seriously unreal right now. I'm excited for the rain in May. Hmm what else... I have been so tired lately. Like, SO TIRED. I think it's the heat. haha Annnd my dear old companion Hermana Wilkins got called to be the sister trainng leader for the whole mission this week. So proud of her! She is the best. Keep her in your prayers because it's a stressful calling! 

Oh and a good story! So this past Sunday we had some baptisms planned but they got moved to this week. But one of those baptisms, of a joven (youth) named Nelson, was going to happen on Sunday.  All day Saturday though, I just didn't feel right about it. I felt like he needed a bit more preparation and we needed to help him build his scripture reading and church attendance habits... I found out in the evening my companion felt the same way. So I called one of the other Hermanas in the zone and asked for advice and she told me if he's ready he will come to church without problems but if he isn't, he won't and we need to prepare him more. So we decided to pray and see what happened. Literally right after my comp said Amen we hear him call outside our door (he's our neighbor) and he tells us he needs to go pick up his uncle and take him to the airport tomorrow so he wanted to change his date. Never thought I would be so happy to hear an investigator make an excuse for not going to church. haha So after that we knew he wasn't quite ready and we were able to move his date to this week and prepare him a bit more. The Lord is so mindful of us and really does answer prayers. :)

Also, I am so stoked for general conference you have NO IDEA. I feel so blessed to know that the Lord is going to be speaking through the Prophet and Apostles this weekend and we get to listen! It really is the best thing! 

Well, I'm out of time but I love you all dearly! Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment