Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 1, 2015

Birds are everywhere. This one doesn't bite so we took advantage and got a few pictures :)

So first off Matagalpa is going to give me the best legs of my life. The Richard Building stairs are NOTHING. These mountains are so unreal. Today was the first day I didn't wake up sore... It's the muscles that you stretch durning downward facing dog, they kill. It's super great though, maybe I'll actually lose some weight!! (That's a joke. It's impossible here.)

Oh and I thought I would update on the parasite, I actually don't have any! It was a gastrointestinal problem from all the Nica food and stress. But I took some pills and now I'm good! And all the weight I lost (not sure how, I think I was just eating less) is back so that stinks. But all is well. Thanks for all the prayers. 

I beat my record for giving last minute talks. The last time I had like 10 minutes, this past week they didn't tell me until they announced my name at the pulpit.. so that was cool! But it was only a testimony, so not too bad. Oh Nicaragua... haha

I did exchanges in Managua this week and there was a lady there that told me she had dreamed about me about three months ago so she knew I was coming. I was like... uhhh... And then she proceeded to tell me about the dress that I was wearing in the dream THAT WAS EXACTLY LIKE ONE I OWN. It was unreal. I told you about the dreams and visions they have. It's a real thing. So we'll see how that goes!

The sucky part about living so far away and being a leader is that we have lots of meetings and we travel in public buses. We're going again tomorrow... Pray I don't throw up... I'm really grateful I brought all that Dramamine now. Woooooo

Also my companion is awesome. She likes working with the poor people and I like teaching the rich ones so we're currently finding a nice balance there. :) She's super dedicated and loving and has incredible faith. She's wonderful to be around.

This had become one of my favorite scriptures to share on the mission: But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.
Jacob 3:1-2

Keep a firm mind and you'll be free to feast on His love forever. I love that.
Love you! Have a great week!

Hermana Gubler

Where I had lunch today. The other side is a cathedral. So beautiful. I loveee itttt!

No comments:

Post a Comment