Friday, August 28, 2015

Get Ready for A Real Email...

Mi Matagalpa 💕

My goal this week was to start writing decent emails home. Here we go.

The first fun things from this week are two interesting lessons I taught...

1. We taught a Buddhist Japanese man who wouldn't let us pray inside a special needs school by a vegetable garden.

2. We taught a Jewish Republican who makes incredible American food in a coffee shop.

So there's those. Neither was very positive but the spouse of the Jewish guy is! It was an interesting week for sure.

Another great thing is being with my companion, Hermana Near. She is super health conscious and is getting me eating better things like nuts and soy beans and it's even to the point that I promised I would go running with her this week. For those of you who know me that's a feat. I'm excited. 😊

The Elders also baptized an 87 year old man this Sunday and it was the most painful but wonderful thing I've ever seen. He was floundering around like mad and it looked the Elder was trying to drown him... haha And then we realized he got baptized with his Sunday pants on underneath not understanding the whole "your clothes are going to get wet" concept... so they had to run out and buy him more pants. He was a little forgetful too and asked the Elders if he was going to have to get baptized every week... hahaha But his family is so excited, all his grandkids are members. It was really tender.

Our daily bus also got its route changed while they work on the road it usually goes on so every day we drive literally through a river on a school bus. It's my favorite. Sometimes on that bus I feel like I'm on the Indiana Jones ride... woooo

OH, AND I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL that Elder... actually President Nelson is coming to Nicaragua to meet with the missionaries on Saturday! So excited! I'm singing in the choir, just like the last time I met him at Stake Conference a few years back. Wish us luck! Also, I love choir practices because I get to see everyone. Hermana Hatt is doing so good! And Muller cut her hair! Gah! I think I'm going to cut mine. Just a bit. Ugh, I don't know. It's so dead. The fight is real. Tell Ron that he needs to take a vacation to Nicaragua....

AND It's official that my release date has been changed to the 8th of December, we got two weeks snipped off our missions 😧 (Sorry I'm using these because I can't find the colon sign on this keyboard) but hopefully now Mommy and Daddy are going to come down and meet everyone! I'll let ya'll know what day I get back when we buy the tickets!

OH, AND we have BAPTISMS THIS WEEK!!!! YAYYYYYYY! An awesome 18 year old named Alexander is getting baptized this week. We also have a family named Alex and Jessica that will get married and baptized on Friday if her papers to get married come through this week; if not, next week! And then we have a granddaughter of an elderly member named Osmara that will be ready this Sunday to get baptized with Alexander! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP. So excited!

I've been thinking a lot about charity lately. I really just love these people so much, but sometimes it's hard for me to step into their shoes so I can really be patient with their individual difficulties. I really love the scripture in Moroni 7:48 that says, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons (and daughters) of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure." Isn't that just powerful?? Christ understands them perfectly, so He is the only one who can really help us understand them, so all we need to do is ask Him! Isn't the gospel just so simple and wonderful? That pure love is what purifies us and moves us to become more like Him.

There you have it. A decent email. Enjoy 😘 

¡Les Amo!

Hermana Gubler
Matagalpa

No comments:

Post a Comment