Monday, October 5, 2015

Blessings of the Spirit



General Conference. WAS SO GOOD. Still not over it. I loved the emphasis on how the goal of the gospel is to help us change and grow and to be happy while doing it. Sometimes that's a challenge for me... ahem right now... but they also shared a lot of HOW to do it. I'm excited to apply it all! I really just love how the Lord can speak directly to us through his servant's words.. I especially loved Lawrence, Bednar, and Uchtdorf. And Holland. And Marriot. Basically the whole thing. The only downside is that we had a LOT of people committed to come to the conference and hardly anyone came. So we'll be dropping a bunch this week.... Can we just all commit right now to never say, "I know it's important to put God first, BUT..." and then follow with some excuse?? We heard that a lot this weekend. There really aren't excuses. 3 Nephi 13:31-33, people. Just do it. Be obedient. So important. 

Well afterwards Near and I were feeling pretty distraught, because the zone threw some fire and we really didn't contribute. So I was kneeling in prayer pouring out my frustration (because we seriously worked SO HARD this week - and fasted - and sacrificed - and nothing - again) when the spirit whispered the words to me from the Doctrine and Covenants 101:16, Be still and know that I am God. Basically I think the Lord was gently telling me to stop complaining and trust that it will all work out in His time. So we keep moving forward! Grateful for the spirit.

I sent home a video of us on a bridge we often cross and we seriously feel like Tarzan status when we cross it! (See below

ALSO, I just found out that Hermana Hatt is back in Los Laureles! I love that place so much! I hope she enjoys being with all our converts. :) Lucky duck. I just thought that was really fun so you all needed to know!

There's a big emphasis right now to work with potential Priesthood holders because that's a requirement for the stake, which is a challenge for us because of all the reluctant guys here, but we're rolling with it. (PS There were so many gross men stories this week that I won't even share one. Sorry I'm over it. Not really but I tell myself that I am.) So we've started contacting OLD men. On Tuesday we contacted 5 senior men at a street corner, and boy was that a ride. They were nuts. At the end we invited them to be baptized and only two gave us maybes... We went back with them and neither worked out; but hey, contacting older men is pretty fun. Makes me miss my Grandpa. :)

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Thanks for your prayers. :) Les amo!💕 

Hermana Gubler






No comments:

Post a Comment